Comprehensive Surgical Care
General surgery is a surgical specialty that mainly focuses on conditions and medical issues within the abdominal area. General surgeons can provide expertise and consultation as well as perform a wide variety of procedures.
In addition to their specialized medical training, general surgery doctors receive similar training to trauma surgeons. Therefore, general surgeons are often involved in or in charge of critical trauma surgery.
Your primary care physician may recommend a general surgery consultation if you are experiencing issues with the following organs:
- Endocrine system
- Adrenal gland
- Gastrointestinal system/Digestive Tract
- Bile ducts
- Large intestine
- Small intestine
Surgical Procedures We Offer at Aiken Physicians Alliance
Depending on your condition, your doctor may recommend surgical treatment. Our general surgeons use advanced tools and techniques to enhance patient care.
Here at Aiken Physicians Alliance, we are proud to offer minimally invasive options for eligible patients. Minimally invasive procedures can help decrease recovery time, pain and other side effects. We are staffed with specialized surgeons who have experience performing robotic-assisted surgery.
We offer a full range of surgical procedures, including:
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Breast and breast cancer procedures
- Colon cancer screening
- Endocrine procedures
- Endoscopic procedures
- Laparoscopic and robotic hernia repair
- Open abdominal procedures
- Robotic procedures
- Skin and soft tissue procedures
- Thoracic and vascular procedures
- Thyroid surgery
- Transoral incisionless fundoplication (TIF) for patients with GERD
- Trauma procedures
- Upper and lower endoscopy
Some minor procedures can be performed in the office, saving you a trip to the hospital. These include:
- Common dermatologic procedures for lesions, moles, cysts, ulcers and abscesses
- Ingrown toenail removal
- Suturing of lacerations
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy
View our locations throughout Aiken, South Carolina, or book an appointment with one of our physicians.